What is a private consultant or doctor of one´s choice?
As a private consultant or doctor of one´s choice I am not under contract with any health insurance company. One of the most important advantages of a private consultant is the time factor. I am able to offer more than enough time for a careful, non-stressed dialogue with the patient, as well as a thorough examination and consultation. Moreover, there is almost no waiting time in my private practice and a good chance to get a rapid appointment.
• You have the free choice of the medical doctor you need most
• A private consultant has enough time for the important dialogue with his patient
• A private consultant has enough time for physical examination and consultation
• A private consultant may more easily offer quicker appointments
• There is almost no waiting time in the majority of cases
What are the costs?
A private consultant or doctor of one´s choice can independently determine the costs for his consultation. After payment of the bill to the doctor, the patient can submit the bill to his own insurance company. The reimbursement will be made according to the insurance company’s benefits chart. It does not depend on the amount billed, and it may differ from state to state. Insurance companies may reimburse up to 80% of the bill. For services not covered by the primary insurance provider no reimbursement may be claimed, independent of which physician is seen.
If you have a private insurance, the difference between the amount reimbursed by the primary insurance company and the doctor’s bill will usually be covered by the private insurance.
The first visit in my practice costs 120 Euros, further checkups depending on the duration 80-100 Euros.